Take a Gap Year to Egypt (Red Sea)
Choose another destination...
- Destination Guide
- Programmes / Trips
- Tours / Excursions
- Photo Gallery
- Travel Advice
Why is it good for you?
The diving in the Red Sea is good-excellent throughout the year. It is also very accessible from the United Kingdom with flights taking about 5 hours to get there. In resort it's very chilled out and relaxed and ideal for people taking a gap year / time out.
We also run our courses through a PADI 5* Career Development Centre (CDC) - the highest standard for PADI training. Expect excellent facilties and professional tuition throughout your stay.
About 90km north of Sharm el Sheikh lies the town of Dahab. Dahab means ‘gold’ in Arabic. In the Sinai, however, it actually means golden sands, turquoise sea and off-beat cafe life. The town itself is basically two villages; the Bedouin village of Assalah in the southern half, with the business and administrative center of Dahab to the north. Dahab should be experienced for what it currently has to offer; Egyptian and Bedouin culture, exquisite diving and its beautiful setting with swaying palms, fine sand and wonderful snorkeling and diving opportunities.
Programmes and Trips
- 100% success rate since 2006! Whether you are after a new qualification or a new career, this traineeship is perfect to reach your goal! You get UNLIMITED DIVING, numerous tailor-made…
- Trip Duration: From 7 weeks to 15 weeks.
- Suitability: Open Water +
- From £2555pp - 7 to 15 weeks
- This is our flagship Divemaster programme and it offers a range of PADI courses from beginner to Divemaster, local adventure tours, unlimited diving, unique training modules and so much more!…
- Trip Duration: 4 to 10 weeks depending on dive level
- Suitability: Beginners and qualified divers. All welcome!
- 6 weeks from £1225pp
- Our learn to dive programmes to the Red Sea offer you the chance to develop your diving skills through a range of recreational courses and PADI specialities. Choose what you…
- Trip Duration: 1 week to 6 weeks depending on selections
- Suitability: Beginners, Open Water and Advanced Divers
- Tailormade - From £315pp
Optional Tours / Excursions
The following tours are available to add-on to your gap year diving experience. Tours can generally be done either before or after a programme, but in some cases they can be done during the programme.
Sorry, but we do not appear to have any tours listed at present. Please check back again. Alternatively, please call us to learn more about tours / trip extensions and we can discuss possible options.
Climate / Weather
The diving in Dahab is excellent throughout the year. Visibility in winter months (Nov - Mar) is typically around 20m but in summer months (May - Oct) visibility can be in the region of 50m+! The marine life is tropical and you can expect to see loads of fish, corals and pelagics on each dive.
In terms of weather, it is warm or hot throughout the year. Winter months are November to April and summer months are from May to October. Temperatures range from low 20's in winter to around 40 degrees at the height of summer. Pack shorts and T-shirts whatever the time of year...
Official Name: Arab Republic of Egypt
Location: North Africa
Population: c.68 million (around 20 million live in Cairo)
Languages: Arabic (official) and English is also understood
Religion: Predominantly Sunni Muslim
FCO Travel Advice Link:Egypt Information
Visas / Entry Requirements
British Nationals must acquire a visa to enter Egypt. Entry visas can be picked up on arrival for US$15 and are valid for 30 days. Tourists visiting the Sinai region for up to 14 days only can enter for free on a special tourist visa. People travelling with us for more than 30 days should consider applying for a 90 day visa before departure.
Please visit www.netdoctor.co.uk for more information or consult with your local GP for professional advice.
Flight times / routes
London to Cairo: 4 hours 40 minutes
London to Sharm el Sheikh: 5 hours 10 minutes
Cairo to Sharm el Sheikh: 1 hour
Cairo to Hurghada: 1 hour 10 minutes